Computer » History of Computers
Second generation computers can be characterized largely by their use of _________.
The various generations and their basis are shown as follows:
* First Generation - From 1940 to 1956 was based on Vacuum Tubes
* Second Generation - From 1956 to 1963 was based on Transistors
* Third Generation - From 1964 to 1971 was based on Integrated Circuits
* Fourth Generation - From 1972 to 2010 was based on Microprocessors
* Fifth Generation - From 2010 to present is based on Artificial Intelligence