Railway NTPC Exam Pattern 2020
The recruitment process shall involve 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT), 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT), Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable) and Document Verification/Medical Examination. Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of above mentioned recruitment stages.
The recruitment process will involve the following stages of examination:
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable)
- Document Verification/Medical Examination
RRB NTPC Stage-1 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
1 Hour 30 Minutes
(2 Hours for PwBD Candidates)
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS40%, OBC (Non creamy layer) -30%, SC-30%, ST-25%. These percentages of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- The exam duration for PWD candidates is 120 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking and 1/3 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The 1st Stage CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
- Total no. of candidates to be shortlisted shall be 20 times the community wise vacancies of posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in 1st Stage CBT cum choice of posts.
- The normalized score of 1st Stage CBT shall be used for short listing of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT as per their merit.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for 2nd Stage CBT availing the reservation benefits of OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/EWS, PwBD and ExSM shall continue to be considered only against OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/EWS, PwBD and ExSM for all subsequent stages of recruitment process.
RRB NTPC Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) (Only for candidates who have opted for Traffic Assistant and Station Master)
|RRB NTPC CBAT 2019-20 Exam Pattern|
The CBAT shall have questions and answer options only in English and Hindi. There shall be no negative marking in CBAT. Candidates are advised to visit websites of RDSO (www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in -
>Directorates->Psycho Technical Directorate ->Guidelines for Aptitude Test) for question patterns and other details of CBAT
|Qualifying Marks||The candidates need to secure a minimum T-Score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify. This is applicable to all candidates irrespective of community or category i.e. irrespective of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS/PwBD/Ex-SM and no relaxation in the minimum T- Score is permissible.|
|Shortlisting of Candidates||Candidates equal to 8 times the number of vacancies of Station Master (SM)/Traffic Assistant (TA) for each of the communities i.e. UR, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and EWS (including ExSM) shall be shortlisted for CBAT based on their performance in 2nd Stage CBT from among the candidates who have opted for the post of SM/TA.|
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test (TST)
For the posts, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist and Junior Time Keeper, Typing Skill Test (TST) of qualifying nature (marks obtained in typing skill test shall not be added for making merit) shall be conducted for which the number of candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies for each of the community shall be called for.
|RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test (TST)|
|Medium of Language||Typing Speed|
|English||30 words per minute (w.p.m.)|
|Hindi||25 words per minute (w.p.m.)|
- The candidate should be able to type on Personal Computer only without editing tools and spell check facility
- For guidelines of those who appear for typing skill test in Hindi, Kruti Dev and Mangal font shall be made available for typing skill test on Personal Computer.
- Exemption in Typing Skill Test may be extended to candidates who are permanently disabled due to Blindness/Low Vision, Cerebral Palsy & Loco Motor Disability with not less than 40% permanent disability. Such eligible PwBD candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the Typing Skill Test Exemption Certificate issued by the Competent Medical Board on the website of respective RRBs before the conduct of the typing skill test.
- The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualified in the TST or TST exempted PwBD candidates based on performance in 2nd Stage CBT.
RRB NTPC Document Verification/ Medical Examination
Based on the performance of candidates in 2nd Stage CBT and based on the performance of candidates in both 2nd Stage CBT and CBAT/TST (as applicable), candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
After going through the above mentioned detailed Exam Pattern and Syllabus of RRB NTPC 2019 Exam, the next step is to create a study plan and start working on it. For instance, start your practice by solving some previous year question papers and analyse your strong & weak points. Regular practice will help in achieving accuracy and a high score in the exam