7 / 10
All In One
7 / 10
6 / 10
6 / 10
any one challenge me
6 / 10
6 / 10
6 / 10
5 / 10
5 / 10
5 / 10
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
RRB Group D Level-I Selection Process
The exam shall be Computer Based Test (CBT). Railway Administration reserves the right to conduct the CBT in either single or multi stage mode. Candidates qualifying in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). It will be followed by Document Verification and Medical Examination.
The recruitment process will involve the following stages of examination:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification and Medical
RRB Group D Level-1 Exam Pattern (CBT)
Based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Test(CBT), they would be required to go for the PET/Document Verification. The examination duration and number of questions for CBT are indicated below:
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20|
- *The examination duration will be 120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe.
- The section wise distribution given in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variation in the actual question paper.
- There will be negative marking and 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- Where a second stage CBT is deemed necessary and held, the Railway Administration reserves the right to treat the first stage CBT as a qualifying test for the purpose of short listing a reasonable number of candidates for the second stage.
Physical Effiency Tests (PET)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down ; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
|Should be able to lift and carry 20 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
These additional candidates will, however, be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortfall in empanelment from the merit list or/and as replacement against the shortfall on account of not joining of recommended candidates in the working post or/and any other special requirements.
In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be placed at higher merit and in case age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
It may also be noted that all candidates successful in DV are sent for Medical Examination. Clearing of such Medical Examination by additional candidates (those called for DV beyond the notified number of vacancies) will give such candidates no right to be considered for appointment.
Candidates may please note that RRBs/RRCs only recommend names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administrations.